In order apeak about solution , we explain just that we have two aspects to setup, packaging and publishing, we begin with our sample with packaging.
- PACKAGING View
For the packaging we follow steps below in order to construct our package, the result of this step is vsix file.
1. Setup Node.js
2. Install vset tool with this command : npm install vset –save-dev
3. Run Node.js command prompt tool (C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k “C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\nodevars.bat”)
4. Locate you on directory of your extension
5. Run vset package command
Your vsix is generated into your root irectory
For information you can inspect content of your extension, by unzip your vsix
- PUBLISHING View
Before publish our extension it’s possible to visit differents extension avaiable on the cloud, it’s possible to download and install on premise version of tfs, in order to reuse.
We choose to publish our expansion on the market place on Azure
We follow theses steps, firstly we create a publisher, secondly
1. Go to https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/manage/publishers/
2. Choose to create a publisher by completing a unique Id
3. Upload your extension by drag and drop your vsix
4. Correct and adapt your manifest information
5. Now it’s ok and my vsix is downloaded
6. Share my extension on my account azure, an it’s possible to update my version on clickin on update button
7. Go to admin tfs section, and selection extension tab, clck on my extension target
8. On Build VNEXT find my created extension