Start by downloading a template project, you have two project templates, one dedicated to the integration part, another dedicated to the realization of custom build or release tasks.
In this post we will realize an extension that will aim to start an application pool, without managing this specify.
For the part back we will combine our extension with a shell script.
Begin with open Explorer Visual Studio extensions,
Install the following template :
Below is a detail on the different of your solution.
Most of these directories will be deleted in the second time.
Now we will start developing our own extension,
First, delete the files that we use nothing:
- Remove the test directory
- Remove typings directory
- Delete the file app.ts
- Add directory Sample
- Create a powershell file Sample.ps1
- Create a task manifest file task.json
- Create logo into directory
Below the output of created project
- Edit the task.json by defining your layout based on controls and groups concepts, inputs are your controls typed with type propecty, and are grouped into groups, by using group property (Below sample of grouping, we have three groups)
Below the task.json file after modify
We have another section related to call code behind, for our project, code behind is powersell, it can be another type
- Implement your Code behind and match with your layout arguments
Ensure that arguments ps1 match with json arguments, in execution section on your json, ensure that you have referenced your target file.
- For debugging after implementing, open your ps ise, you can find-it in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell_ise.exe
Ensure that you have right of debugging by executing this script, and just click F5
- Register your extension in the manifeste
Cool 🙂 I am now Microsoft Trainer team, and I can animate MC training with my clients, future sessions at IBS Consulting, whom I thank, Many thanks to Philippe, Michael, Nadège and Raef.
November 17, 2015
Dear Technical team leader Philippe Kajmar:
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) reference form for yakoub aghilas. We have received your response and the instructional skills requirement for this candidate has been approved .
MCT Program Team
Microsoft respects your privacy. Review our online Privacy Statement.
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA, USA 98052
Thank you for submitting your MCT application on November 10, 2015.
Your MCT application status is listed as: Approved.
Your instructional skills validation status is listed as: Approved by both Reference and Regional Service Center.
Please note that it can take up to 10 business days for the Regional Service Center to validate your instructional skills upon receipt.
If we have not received payment and instructional skills validation within 90 days of application submission, your application will be cancelled.
Your renewal anniversary date is November 18, 2016. You can renew your membership 90 days prior to your renewal anniversary date.