Start by downloading a template project, you have two project templates, one dedicated to the integration part, another dedicated to the realization of custom build or release tasks.
In this post we will realize an extension that will aim to start an application pool, without managing this specify.
For the part back we will combine our extension with a shell script.
Begin with open Explorer Visual Studio extensions,
Install the following template :
Below is a detail on the different of your solution.
Most of these directories will be deleted in the second time.
Now we will start developing our own extension,
First, delete the files that we use nothing:
- Remove the test directory
- Remove typings directory
- Delete the file app.ts
- Add directory Sample
- Create a powershell file Sample.ps1
- Create a task manifest file task.json
- Create logo into directory
Below the output of created project
- Edit the task.json by defining your layout based on controls and groups concepts, inputs are your controls typed with type propecty, and are grouped into groups, by using group property (Below sample of grouping, we have three groups)
Below the task.json file after modify
We have another section related to call code behind, for our project, code behind is powersell, it can be another type
- Implement your Code behind and match with your layout arguments
Ensure that arguments ps1 match with json arguments, in execution section on your json, ensure that you have referenced your target file.
- For debugging after implementing, open your ps ise, you can find-it in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell_ise.exe
Ensure that you have right of debugging by executing this script, and just click F5
- Register your extension in the manifeste